Low Flow Study
I wrote this Chicowitz-esque exercise so that beginner students could play a flow study a little earlier in their development. The range is easier and the notes are the same ascending and descending. I find that when I play this it firms up my corners due to the low G at the end. I also wrote this with no bar lines so that the students could better picture moving their air note to note.
Here are the instructions written at the top of the page:
* Play each line as slowly as you can in one breath.
* Every note should have the same volume and energy.
* Move your firngers firmly and quickly.
* Use the kick slides for low D for E's and A's in the staff.
* Keep the corners of your embouchure firm.
* Continue to add notes of the C pentatonic scale to extend the range.