40 Days of Sightreading for Snare Drum
This Digital Download contains all the snare drum lines from the full band method. This would be a great resource for private teachers to use during their lessons.
The purpose of the book is to help your students prepare for auditions and contests by providing a daily dose of etudes that are much like they would see in an audition. There are four 8-measure etudes per day for 40 days. That’s 160 unison etudes that will help your student to become a better reader, which as you know will make your band better!
This method contains 40 pages of etudes that utilize many of the rhythms that are used in region and U.I.L sightreading competitions. The fourth etude on each page is what I used to call S.O.P. lines, or “Sightreading of Pain!” These are very difficult lines that are designed to push your students and to provide challenges for your top players. These make great lines for fun competitions during your rehearsals. These etudes often make no musical sense so that the kids really have to think.
In this MRNS Digital Download you will receive:
- A detailed description of the contents plus suggestions of ways to use the etudes.
- 40 pages containing 160 etudes designed to improve your students' reading skills.
- 8 measures
- Time signatures 4/4, 3/4, 2/4.
- Concert Keys: F, Bb, Eb
- Note values used:
- Whole, half, dotted half, quarter and eighth.
- Dotted quarter-eighth, eighth-quarter-eighth, eighth- two sixteenths, eighth note triplets.
- Most 16th note variations
- Rest values used:
- Whole, half, quarter and eighth.
- Markings used:
- Ties, slurs, dynamics.
- Style markings used:
- accents and rolls.
This is the “book” I always wanted to write for my kids but just didn’t have the time. There is no doubt in my mind that your students will be better readers after using these materials.
Need to purchase with a school district PO or personal check? Email Marty Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.